2 Radio Officer
VESSEL TYPE : CONTAINER SHIP
TRADE ROUTE : Cebu, Manila, Cagayan, Tacloban, Davao, Gensan, Ozamis
||Nov 27, 2018
||Dec 26, 2018
- Competitive Salary
- Safe & conducive work environment onboard
- HMO/ Health insurance once regularized
- Internal/ External trainings
About the Job:
Port of Call: Cebu, Manila, Cagayan, Tacloban, Davao, Gensan, Ozamis
- Up-keeping of all communication equipment and ensures that all are in good condition and ready for use. In addition to this, the preparation of the monthly Maintenance Report Log (for communication equipment) to be submitted to the Technical Manager.
- Reporting to the bridge and responsible for the VHF radio operation while the vessel is in navigation inside a channel, during docking and un-docking maneuver and at any time the Master may require his presence at the bridge.
- The entire vessel’s required radio licenses, certificates and other related documents. He must ensure that all required communication equipment’s documents are all updated, posted on the appropriate places on board ready for any interested party for inspection. All expired documents must be reported to the management and file copies on board must be removed for up-keeping.
- The transmission and receiving of all messages either outgoing or incoming must be properly noted by the Master. Records or copy of all messages be retained for file.
- Providing the vessel with the latest weather report ensures that a copy is provided to the Master before the vessel leaves a port and updated every twelve hours there after. Weather report must be updated for every six hours in the event an adverse weather is approaching.
- Maintaining vessel’s radio logbook and keeping all daily communication reports in a secured place for future reference.
No fees shall be collected from the applicants. Beware of the illegal recruiters.