Have you encoded your resume at SeamanJobsite already?
Seafarers who encode their resume to our database and apply to various maritimes jobs receive a higher chance of getting hired. You can forward your resume to all maritime companies and agencies registered to us.
|Encode my Resume||I'm done encoding||No, thanks|
1 Marine and Safety Superintendent - LCT
VESSEL TYPE : LCT
TRADE ROUTE : Ship side loading
|Agency Name:||SAN ROQUE SHIPPING, INC.|
|POEA License Number:||For Local Employment|
|Address:||C2 Building Room 501-505 and 516 28th Street, Corner 7th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City|
|View Complete Company Profile|
|Opening Date:||Apr 25, 2018|
|Closing Date:||May 24, 2018|
- Candidate must possess at least Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam) in Maritime Studies or equivalent.
- With atleast Chiefmate License
- At least 3Year(s) of working experience as LCT Capatain, Port Captain and other related field is required for this position.
- Required Skill(s): Vessel Operations, Cargo, Management Skills, Communication Skills, Savaging Operations, First Aid, Occupational Safety and Health
- Preferably Assistant Manager/Manager experience
- Willing to work in Tubay, Agusan del Norte
Safety, Health, & Environment
- Conduct program assessments to identify department program deficiencies.
- Design, develop and conduct safety and environmental training programs.
- Coordinate and conduct work area assessment, surveys, and program evaluations to determine the presence of hazardous conditions, such as noise exposure, chemical exposure, indoor air quality, light levels, confined space, and ventilation.
- Assist departments with specific training needs by locating and scheduling outside training activities.
- To ensure that the company carried out on board the ISM code
- Ensure all vessel trading certificates is up to date and compliance to MARINA, COASTGUARD & PPA.
- Provide competency assessment of all deck officers.
- Provide operational support to Deck Officers and monitor Deck officers competency in Navigational
- Provide deck officers navigational route guidance and safe area for sheltering.
- Responsible for all vessel certificates to be current and up to date as necessary
- Ensure that all operational information is forward to the vessel and adhered to
- Ensure that manuals and spare lists shall be kept both onboard and ashore
- Provide training for master and chief mates in operational areas and requirements prior to their undergoing a practical and theoretical competency check.
- Participate in and issue written reports/statements of inspections, investigation and similar activities when required
- Perform all necessary activities to enhance efficient and safe operation of the vessel.
Designated Person Ashore (DPA) Functions
The DPA functions as a link between the company and the ship and has a direct access to the top management. The DPA has the freedom and authority to:
- Monitor and verify the safety and pollution prevention aspects of ships operations
- Ensure adequate resources and shore-based supports are applied
- Document and record any deficiencies, incident, accident; analyze and investigate their root causes and adapt measures to prevent their recurrence.
- Ensure that all corrective and preventive actions are implemented.
- Control the Safety Management Manual and relevant documents.
- Give support to the Master in proper implementation and maintenance of the SMS.
- Report to the top management any non-conformity found and initiate management review for any revisions if necessary.
- Matters related of the planning and implementation of the company’s emergency drills.
- Collect, analyze, and observe established laws, rules and regulations, treaties, amendments of protocols and inform the shipboard personnel.
- Convene the Emergency Response Team.
- Document and report to the top management matters concerning safety shipboard operations.
- Organize safety meetings once a month or if need arises.