Are you applying for a new assessment and certification for deck and engine ratings? Seaman Jobsite shares the step-by-step application process for you.
Step 1: To apply for assessment, go to any TESDA-accredited assessment center and submit all of the following documents:
- Duly accomplished application form;
- Colored passport-sized photo wearing a white seafarer's uniform with collar, three pieces;
- Original medical certificate in PEME form with TESDA prescribed online certification;
- Seafarer Identification Record Book (SIRB);
- Any of the following:
>Certificate of completion of the TESDA Seafarer Rating Course with two-month watchkeeping duties on board;
> Proof of approved seagoing service of not less than six-month training and experience issued by the shipping company or manning agency;
>Original training certificate stating number of hours and title of the course and accomplished Training Record Book (TRB) with record of on-the-job training.
To secure a schedule for the performance assessment, make sure that you completed any of the two:
- A minimum of six-months sea service experience. Two months of which should be on watchkeeping duties on a merchant vessel of 500 GT of 750 Kw;
- TESDA seafarer-rating course with two months on-board training in a 500 GT vessel or 750 Kw on watchkeeping duties.
NOTE: Training and sea service certificates should match the certificate of competency applied for.
Step 2: Pay the Assessment Fee at the Assessment Center. Secure the Official Receipt and Admission Slip.
STEP 3: Attend the assessment. Date and venue is indicated in the Admission Slip.
STEP 4: Get the Competency Assessment Result Summary (CARS) at the Assessment Center.
STEP 5: Upon passing the assessment, claim their Certificate of Competency (COC) after seven working days from the day CARS was received.
1. COC must be released directly to the seafarer applicant. However, if to be claimed by a representative or liaison officer of a manning agency, an authorization letter by the applicant should be submitted.
2. Assessment Results (CARS), Official Receipt issued by Assessment Centers and valid Identification Card (ID) should be also presented upon claiming of COCs.
3. Falsification or fraudulent duplication of documents shall be ground for disqualification/forfeiture of the right to participate in any assessment certification or similar program of TESDA.
Things to bring when claiming the COC:
1. CARS and Official Receipt issued by the assessment center;
2. Valid Identification Card (ID);
3. Should the COC applicant cannot claim the certificate personally, he should lend an authorization letter and should be submitted by the representative.
Reminder: Falsification or fraudulent duplication of documents shall be ground for disqualification/forfeiture of the right to participate in any assessment certification or similar program of TESDA.