Do you want to go onboard?
Receive job offers
Apply to various jobs
Get job updates
Why Choose A Seafaring Career
There are over 1.2 million seafarers in the world and 30% are Filipinos, making our country the top supplier of sailors worldwide.
Filipino seafarers continue to grow in number for the following reasons:
1. Good Benefits. Generally, seafarers are provided with greater benefits and salary packages compared to what land-based workers usually get.
2. Long-term Career. Shipping is known as the oldest industry to run the economy and is still the most reliable means of trade worldwide. Indeed, maritime is the best industry for your long-range career goals.
3. Career Growth. Most overseas jobs offered to Filipinos are contract-based. However, in the shipping industry, each seafarer is given the chance to stay with the same employer and manning agency after finishing a contract. He may also improve his skills and advance his career through the numerous accredited maritime training and review centers found across the country.
4. Chance to Travel. Although most of the time they are in the middle of the ocean, seafarers get to travel and explore the places where their vessels dock.
5. Regular Vacation. Seafarers get to enjoy their regular vacation which usually takes two months after each contract.
How to Become a Seafarer
To pursue a seafaring career, you need to have a full maritime degree like Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation (BSMT) or Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering (BSME).
Another requirement is to complete the Basic Seaman Training (BST) courses including the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) and Standards of Training and Certification of Watchkeeping (STWC), which is a seven-day training course consisting of the following modules:
Having completed the required education and trainings makes you qualified for both domestic and international shipping operations. Explore thousands seafaring jobs and find out more about this industry by signing-up with SeamanJobsite.com!