Have you encoded your resume at SeamanJobsite already?
Seafarers who encode their resume to our database and apply to various maritimes jobs receive a higher chance of getting hired. You can forward your resume to all maritime companies and agencies registered to us.
|Encode my Resume||I'm done encoding||No, thanks|
1 (CEBU) MASTER MARINER / CAPTAIN - Sea based
VESSEL TYPE : Container
|Agency Name:||GOTHONG SOUTHERN SHIPPING LINES, INC.|
|POEA License Number:||FOR LOCAL EMPLOYMENT|
|Address:||Don Carlos A. Gothong Port Centre, Quezon Blvd., Pier 4, Cebu City|
|Contact No:||(032) 231-7100|
|View Complete Company Profile|
|Opening Date:||Dec 06, 2013|
|Closing Date:||Dec 10, 2014|
- Implementing all SMS programs onboard the vessel under his/her command.
- Reporting to DPAs all matters pertaining to non- conformities, proceedings of meetings, accidents and hazardous incidents.
- The over-all safety of crews, cargoes and the vessel at all times. He/her shall in accordance with the Company's policy, governing rules and regulations concerning safety and ensure full implementation. This will also include assigning ship's staff responsibilities for safety activities, training, drills and promoting safety awareness of every crewmember.
- That all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and instructions are complied with, which ensures ship's and crew's certificates are valid and renewed as required.
- Ensuring that every crewmember has the required qualification for the job to which he has been assigned and that reasonable level of instruction has been provided by their respective Department Heads during and before their time of duty.
- Evaluating fairly and properly, all officers under him and to ensure that those Officers and Department Heads will do the same to their subordinates.
- Conducting meetings among his Officers and Crew with minutes taken on the latest conducted inspection, analysis of conducted safety drills and other significant items of discussion with a copy submitted to DPAs and a copy retained on board.
- Through delegation and oversight, in ensuring that all navigational and communication equipment are properly maintained, in good condition and always ready for use.
- Reporting to the concerned DPA’s all concerns regarding repairs, maintenance or dry docking requirements of his vessel and all safety matters.
- Keeping himself informed and actively participates in planning, calculation, and execution of navigation at all times. When navigating with a pilot, the Master must ensure that the pilot is well informed about the vessel's maneuvering capabilities and other data that he may require for safe passage.
- Vessel's seaworthiness before leaving port.
- Vessel's safety while in port.
- Responsible for the overall upkeep of the vessel and with the overall coordination of his officers relative to the vessel's maintenance.
- BSMT graduate from recognized institution/school
- Copy of licenses, certificates and other qualification documents.
- MARINA STCW endorsement of certificates of position required
- QDC (Quality Documentation Certificate) for non- tanker
- SRIB (Seaman’s Registry Identification Book)
- Valid NBI Clearance
- Valid Medical certificate (from DOH/MARINA accredited clinic)